Sunday, June 17, 2012

Where Is God ? - Swami Padmanabha

[This is a Guest Post by Swami Padmanabha. You can also submit your guest posts to be published by visiting the YOUR CONTENT page]

WHERE IS GOD ? WHERE IS GOD ? WHERE IS GOD ? This is a question which i come across almost on a daily basis in my ashram. Almost every alternate person who visits me seems to have this same question in their mind. I feel that onlyhinduism is the most appropriate portal to answer this question and let fellow Hindus know of my opinion.

We are so involved in the legends and puranas that a majority of us believe that God is only in heaven and will descend to Earth only in the form of an avatar. And we expect that such avatars will come only when evil has reached it's zenith. I always advice people that, God resides in our mind from the moment that we are born. As we increase our consciousness, we begin to know that God better. We start giving God different names and become closer to a particular physical form of God which appeals to us the most.

God always guides us as part of our conscience, and always leads us towards the path of righteousness. But, it is us who seldom pay heed to those words and continue our sins. Even when a robber is about steal something for the first time, his conscience will surely try to prevent him from doing so. Only when he pushes aside that divine guidance, he ends up being a sinner.

I am of the opinion that we will never find God if we look around for God to come in his 'divine avatar', with four hands or snakes as ornaments or riding a lion. Those are all projections of divinity which help us to bring more respect and awe in our mind. God has given us a sound min through which he/she constantly contacts us. So keep that mind pure and receptive to the divine guidance of God. Try to identify the good in everything and everyone and to make practical considerations while taking decisions, then you will be blessed by God in all your endeavors.

Instead of asking 'where is God?', it would be more apt to ask 'where not is God?', for God is everywhere and God is everything. Om namah.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sharing Is Caring...Please share this post with your friends & family

2 comments:

  1. God is in satya. Chitta and in anand. Hence sadchinand. He is in truth. Mind and joy or feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accidentally stumbled upon this website. When I was feeling very low, I found some mantras here which I plan to chant. There is peace missing from life. I am not sure why? I feel that in every front I am facing troubles. Feel like my past karmas are not letting me lead a peaceful married life. Even at the work front I am facing non recognition, no respect situation. Life is a turmoil. If you have any specific mantras to improve the quality of my life, please do let me know.

    ReplyDelete