Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Daily Prayer Slokas

Shuklaambara Dharam Vishnum Shashi Varnam Chatur Bhujam Prasanna Vadanam Dhyaayet Sarva Vighna Upashaanthaye 

We meditate on Lord Ganesha - one who is clad in white, representing purity, who is all pervading , whose complexion is gray like that of ash, who has four arms, who has bright countenance, and who can destroy all obstacles in all the endeavours that we undertake. 

Agajaanana Padmaarkam Gajaananam Aharnisham Anekadantham Bhaktaanaam Ekadantam Upaasmahey 


I worship day and night that elephant faced Lord Ganesha who is like sun to the lotus face of Mother Parvati. Giver of many boons, the single tusked Ganesh, I salute you to give a boon. 

Saraswati Namastubhyam Vaarade Kaamarupini. Vidyaarambham Karishyaami Siddhir Bhavatu Me Sada. Padmapathra Visaalakshi Padmakesara Varnini Nithyam Padmalayaam devi saamaampathu saraswati 
O Saraswati! Salutations to you, grantor of bleesings and embodiment of all wishes, I am getting inducted to studies, may there be fulfillment for me forever. 

Gurur Brahmaa, Gurur Vishnu, Guru Devo Maheshvaraha. Gurur Sakshaat Parabrahma, Tasmai Shree Gurave Namaha. 

The Guru, the teacher, is like Lord Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshvara. Guru is the visible incarnation of supreme divinity, therefore I bend my knees to that Guru. 

Twameva Mata Cha Pita Twameva Twameva Bandhuscha Sakha Twameva. Twameva Vidya Dravinam Twameva Twameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva. 

Oh God! You are my mother, You are my father, You are my relative, You are my friend, You are my knowledge, You are my wealth, You are everything to me. 

Kaayena Vacha Manasendriyar Va Buddhyatmanava Prakriteh swabhaavat Karomi Yadyat sakalam Parasmai Narayanayeti Samarpayami 

Whatever actions I may perform, Impelled by the forces of nature, intellect, soul, by body, word, mind, and senses, I offer to the feet of Narayana 



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above post was submitted by Madhuri Saxena  . Thank you .